1. Where are you located and who do you typically see?
I currently see clients via telehealth. My office is at 4010 Main Street in old Hilliard in the JCC building. My typical client is a parent, college/grad student, or young professional.
2. What is your availability? Do video sessions work?
I see clients typically on weekdays during business hours. I see clients around the state of Ohio via telehealth secure HIPAA-compliant video sessions. My hours are 9-2 Monday through Friday. I do not currently offer evenings or weekends.
I am currently accepting clients for individual therapy only.
Research shows that teletherapy can be just as beneficial as in-person sessions. Here is an article with more information:
3. Do you take insurance?
I do not accept insurance.You may still be able to receive reimbursement from your insurance provider through out-of-network benefits. If you choose to do this, I can provide you a detailed receipt of services called a superbill that you may be able to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Here are questions to ask your insurance provider:
1. what is my out-of-network deductible for outpatient mental health with a licensed professional counselor?
2. How much of my deductible has been met this year?
3. What is my out-of-network coinsurance for outpatient mental health?
4. How can I submit claim forms for reimbursement?
4. What is the cost of a session?
I charge $125 for 55 minute individual therapy sessions and $150 for the initial diagnostic assessment. On occasion, a partner will join the session if deemed necessary. If you are interested in a customized plan involving young children and your spouse addressing issues such as the postpartum period or adjustment concerns, please contact me to assess options.
I recommend a 15 minute consultation prior to scheduling the initial intake session. I believe this step is valuable for efficiency and long-term progress in therapy goals.
Counseling is an investment of time, money and a drive to improve one's life which can truly pay off immensely.
For some clients, we meet biweekly to help with the cost while still completing other tasks between sessions (reading, cognitive behavioral exercises). I will send resources and exercises between sessions if a client indicates interest. Some patients begin with weekly sessions and than, gradually reduce sessions as they progress to biweekly and monthly meetings. I accept credit cards and HSA cards.
5. What is the cancellation policy?
My cancellation policy is that you can cancel and reschedule an appointment at anytime if you provide a 24 hour notice. If you cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged $50. If you fail to show up for the appointment (no-show), you will be charged the full appointment fee.
6. Do you incorporate an integrative approach to mental health? Yes. I believe it is important to address mental health in a holistic way (nutrition, exercise, self-care, support system, CAM approaches).
7. What are online resources that you recommend?
POEM: Mom-to-mom support program: https://mhafc.org/resources/poem-postpartum-outreach-encouragement-for-moms/
PSI - Postpartum Support International: https://www.postpartum.net/
Ohio Physician Wellness: https://www.ohiophysicianwellness.org/