1. Where are you located and who do you typically see?
My office is located at 4010 Main Street in old town Hilliard in the JCC building. I see primarily mothers and their partners and young professionals/college students.
2. What is your availability now with pandemic? Do video sessions work?
Due to COVD-19, all sessions will be via telehealth-HIPAA compliant video. I see clients typically on weekdays between 8am-2pm.
Research shows that teletherapy can be just as beneficial as in-person sessions. Here is an article with more information:
3. Do you take insurance?
I do not accept insurance.You may still be able to receive reimbursement from your insurance provider through out-of-network benefits. If you choose to do this, I can provide you a detailed receipt of services called a superbill that you may be able to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Here are questions to ask your insurance provider:
1. what is my out-of-network deductible for outpatient mental health with a licensed professional counselor?
2. How much of my deductible has been met this year?
3. What is my out-of-network coinsurance for outpatient mental health?
4. How can I submit claim forms for reimbursement?
5. Does my insurance cover couples counseling?
4. What is the cost of a session?
I charge $100 for individual therapy sessions. On occasion, a partner will join the session if deemed necessary. Premarital counseling sessions are available with packages (see services). Couples counseling sessions are $125. Support groups and park sessions are available. Support groups and park sessions are paid out-of-pocket. Park sessions are available for established patients. Please contact me directly to learn more.
Counseling is an investment of time, money and a drive to improve one's life which can truly pay off immensely. For some clients, we meet biweekly to help with the cost while still completing other tasks between sessions (reading, cognitive behavioral exercises). I accept credit cards and HSA cards.
5. What is the cancellation policy?
My cancellation policy is that you can cancel and reschedule an appointment at anytime if you provide a 24 hour notice. If you cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged $50. If you fail to show up for the appointment (no-show), you will be charged the full appointment fee.
6. Can I bring my baby to the sessions?
Yes, infants and babies in laps are welcome to join you. We can see how things progress for you with your baby present and re-evaluate the situation if needed. I would like the sessions to be productive for you. Please keep in mind that the office is not baby-proofed.
7. How do I schedule online?
8. What happens after I schedule my first appointment?
You will be provided a link to complete paperwork. Please complete all paperwork 48 hours prior to the first appointment.
9. What are online resources for parenting/postpartum support groups and information?
POEM: Mom-to-mom support program: https://mhafc.org/resources/poem-postpartum-outreach-encouragement-for-moms/
PSI - Postpartum Support International: https://www.postpartum.net/
(resource for working parents)